Monday, August 18, 2008

NEW new thing #18: Superbook!


A few months ago, I began emailing Kevin's childhood friend Marc, a seasoned author whose books include titles like Green Berets in Action and Giving Things to Your Children Without Ruining Their Lives, to get advice for my own writing. When I finally got to meet the guy in person, I got my own autographed copy of a book as well. The release of his new baby, Men of Steel: The Creators of Superman, coincided with a showing of Superman at Bryant Park, so he had a table set up to greet the more literary nerd who showed up for the screening. I hope he did well- he's super nice and apprently quite talented. I would expect nothing less from a guy who apparently spent his formative years doodling his way through math class. Glad to know I wasn't the only one!

2 comments:

Trillian said...

I love meeting writers and artists and having them sign books. Normally I only get them signed if I have the chance to actually talk to them (instead of just getting fed through a line). I like having it signed to me.

Anonymous said...

How about an update?