Tuesday, August 19, 2008

NEW new thing #19: Roofish


In my seven years in New York and my three as a member of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, I have somehow never made it up to the roof (this may be because the roof is seasonal, and I tend to stay away from the Met during the summer). So while on a Staycation of sorts, I went to the roof of the Met. It strikes me as the sort of place that gets super scene-y after dark; there's a bar, and not much art. The sculptures that they do have up there, however, are totally amazing; giant balloon animals in captivating colors that sort of frame the trees of central park. I made balloon animals last year as part of this project- How come they never looked like that? I have three answers, and one of them includes the absence of psychedelic drugs.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Wow! It's beautiful up there!