Monday, August 4, 2008

NEW new thing #4: Mom is great!


When I'm visiting my family, one of their favorite pasttimes is to feed me. And one of my favorite pasttimes is to eat whatever the heck they give me. So when my mom, inspired by a Bill Cosby routine in which he deftly justifies feeding children dessert as a meal asked if I'd ever had chocolate cake for breakfast, I said no, then I said YES and I had chocolate cake for breakfast. The Cos is totally right- it's milk, it's eggs, it's wholesome, and it's YUMMY!

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Yummy! I have been thinking of having pizza for breakfast for my new things challenge....

Jeremy said...

About 10 years ago my family was preparing for 6am hike up Masada (a mountain in southern Israel). We hadn't thought about breakfast, and when we arrived, the only food available was chocolate cake and orange juice, just like in your picture. So that was breakfast - one we all remember fondly!

dawn said...

that chocolate cake looks amazingly delicious!

Mr. Nordmann said...

I am auditioning for Millionaire on Monday in Minneapolis, any tips?

Chris
chasing30.blogspot.com

Meg said...

Mom is great! She gives us chocolate cake! I love that part of his sketch.

I'm a big fan on non-traditional breakfasts. My mom used to make us mac and cheese. She figured, as long as we had something hot and filling and somewhat healthy she was doing her job!