Thursday, August 7, 2008

NEW new thing #7: Vee R Impressed


I recently upgraded the cable here to include more movie channels. As I was hanging up with Cable Lady, she asked if there was anything else she could help me with. I somewhat impulsively blurted out, "can I have DVR?" She said no. Kidding. She said of course, told me the extra monthly charge, and made an appointment to have installation set up. I had previously rejected the idea of needing to record anything, since I don't really watch that much tv, but I do like the idea of being able to watch whatever I want when I do feel like sitting down and zoning out for a while. So I DVRed stuff! The first pick was Soapdish, one of my favorite all-time movies that I don't have on DVD. It was on at 4am, and I went to bed around 11, but I slept oh so soundly knowing that Kevin Kline and Whoopi would be waiting for me whenever I wanted them.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I love that movie too! I saw it 4-5 times in the theater!

Anonymous said...

DVR will change your life. Not joking.

btw, what a pleasant surprise to find you thing a daying this month!