Friday, February 27, 2009

NT 4/31: Put that magic jump on me

During my last pre-birthday New Things spree, friend Hal made a suggestion that somehow never made it to my master list, but I'm glad he mentioned it again during this last call for new suggestions. This flu/cold/plague/whatever had rendered me temporarily antisocial, and I needed something to do today that didn't involve going places, expending a lot of energy, breathing on people or wearing something other than sweatpants. So I made and charged a magical sigil. I had to read the instructions a few times before I really got it, and I'm still not sure I did it right. The website Hal pointed me to says (among a lot of other witchy, magicy, new-agey things) this about sigils:
The sigil takes a magical desire or intent- let's say IT IS MY DESIRE TO VISIT RWANDA (you can, of course, put any desire you want in there)- and folds it down, creating a highly charged symbol. The desire is then forgotten. Only the symbol remains and can be charged to full potency when the magician chooses.

Okay, sure! I'm in!
I must not have charged it to full full potency, because I remember that my desire was to "get a great job." There are other things that might be nice right now, but this is one of the more pressing desires in my life. According to the website, you're supposed to whittle the words in your desire down to non-repeating consonants, then "play with the letters until only an appropriately witchy-looking glyph is left."
I came up with this:
Then you're supposed to meditate and expel all thoughts from your head, concentrating only on the symbol. Then you cast it out into the world and your desire will come true.
I'm ironing my work clothes as I write this!

No comments: