Tuesday, March 17, 2009

NT 23/31: Would Not, Could Not


In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I made green eggs and ham. In honor of Dr. Seuss, I could not eat them and KMD would not eat them. I could not because I have never been able to stomach the taste of egg, and the smell of them, combined with the violent shade of green they turned thanks to my over-coloring, gave me dry heaves. Kevin would not eat them because he didn't want to get cancer from the veritable tidal wave of food coloring I accidentally dumped in there. So we had burritos and leftover Greek chicken for dinner instead. But I still did what I set out to do, and that's all that matters! I also scrambled eggs for the first time ever, something I should learn to do in preparation for possibly having to make them for small people one day. Any chance I can train them to want scrambled apples for breakfast?

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Wow! Real Green Eggs and Ham!