Monday, March 2, 2009

NT 7/31: Snow can wait

I didn't grow up on the East Coast, so I never experienced many wintertime childhood rituals (well, some I did). Drawing inspiration from my beloved Calvin and Hobbes, as well as from the six inches of snow we had this morning, I made a snowball and put it in the freezer. I'm hoping it will keep; I don't have the world's coldest freezer, but as long as it at least keeps some discernible snowball shape, I should be able to accomplish my eventual goal of throwing a snowball in the summer.

Here's where I got the snow:

Here's where the snowball will live until June:

6 comments:

Val said...

I have to ask...why is there a sneaker in the freezer??

Jackie said...

I was wondering the same thing about the sneaker!

What a great new thing!

Anne said...

Me too!

Chewing gum?

Melinda said...

Good luck with the snowball. Is there a story behind the shoe?

heidisjourney2thirty said...

Oh my goodness...I am cracking up that you wore depends...I could totally do that considering that my mom wears them! Wow...I just put her business out there...Thank goodness she can't use a computer very well!

fuzzandfuzzlet said...

why is there a shoe in the freezer?
lol

We once froze a large bucket of snow balls and had a snowball fight in July.