Friday, August 14, 2009

In the New, 32!

I turn 32 in 32 weeks from today. I think it would be fun to try 32 new things in those weeks. Unlike the time I did this every day for a year, where at 11:55 I ended up doing random stuff like brushing my teeth in an elevator or dyeing my foot purple, these New Things will all be thought out and planned in advance, and as many of them as possible will be things I've wanted to do for a while.
To kick it off, this week I posed for an old-timey photo shoot, complete with a handmade cloche hat, my favorite coat, and a ready-made "set" in Greenwich Village. Drama geek that I am, I have a thing for costumes, old Hollywood, old New York, glamour and retro fashion. This shoot combined them all, and genius photog Anya Garrett was awesomely supportive and did such a great job capturing the exact essence I had in mind.


4 comments:

Nomi said...

love the photos, and looking forward to seeing 32 new things...
how about recycling an idea - new and improved?

Melinda said...

Yay! In the New is back! I loved the pictures and I am very excited to see what else you have up your sleeve for this year.

the girL said...

Gorgeous photos Jen! The hat and jacket are a perfect combo :-)

Bored and Crafty said...

Did you make the hat? Pretty. Cannot wait what you come up with in the next 32 weeks. :)