Friday, July 22, 2011

Dear Prudence


My, this blog has gotten dusty. I had an extremely busy first part of the year, then a few weeks of downtime, and things are about to get nutso again. While weekly/daily Thing Doing isn't entirely practical right now, I would like to keep this blog cobweb-free and somewhat interesting.  So I'm going to return to one of my all-time favorite blog projects: High-School Yearbook Signature Replies. It's exactly what it sounds like: I reply to stuff people wrote in my yearbooks in high school. I had such fun writing grown-up replies to all the "dude! Have a bitchen summer"s and "C U @ the beach"es that I decided to do it again. Behold:

Jenny-
Sing until your brains bust
-Erin


Erin,
While I am quite sure that no part of my brain, singular or plural, ever literally busted as a result of melodic refrains, I do often sing in the elevators in my client's building and at home. We're on a high floor, so sometimes my ears pop. That's the best I got.
Jen

Jenny,
Have a neato summer and I'll see you next year. Maybe in the same class.
Michael C [arrow to name] save. will be worth millions.


Michael,
Are you implying that we were both going to fail whatever class we had together? Thanks a lot! Your self-esteem issues are your own, buddy. Don't go dragging me down with you just because you want company! And how could the signature of someone who failed classes in 9th grade possibly be worth so much? Please tell me I'm jumping to conclusions. I remember you as being fairly smart, so every assumption I've made in the last four lines is probably wrong. (How did I not fail that class?) But I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt. So please excuse the brevity of this letter, as I have clicked over to eBay to sell your signature.
Jen

1 comment:

Melinda (Sew-Lin) said...

Hilarious! I think you have inspired me to dig out my year book and see what gems it may contain.