Monday, August 1, 2011

High Flying, Adored

Jenny:
Hi. I'll miss you over the summer. You are always fun to be with.
[heart] Jaime
P.S. Stay short


Jaime,
Ooh... I don't know how to tell you this... I grew. Like, a lot. Like, more than a foot between 7th grade and now. The 4'8" peanut I was in 7th grade has um... blossomed(?*) into an angular, occasionally awkward lass of 5'9ish". Which is probably still shorter than you must be by now- my combination of perception and memory may throw off my prediction a bit, but seeing as how I had to fully tilt my head back to look at you, I estimate you were at least 5'6" back then. If you kept growing, you probably hit 6' by age 18, which is awesome. Rock that height!
Jen

Jenny-
You're short, grow some! It's nice knowing you I'll probably see you over the summer. Stay cool!
You're[sic] friend,
R


R,
You got it! If we ever meet again, you just might discover that I have in fact surpassed you in height. In addition to being completely nice and fun and total non-jerk (save for when you impulsively punched J in the face at my 13th birthday pool party), you were a bit on the non-tall side. Which is totally fine. And I can't feel guilty about having gotten taller than you- YOU TOLD ME TO!
Jen

*can you use "blossom" as a verb if you're not Judy Blume writing a book about female puberty?

1 comment:

Laura said...

As long as you don't sing the "must increase our bust" song, you're probably still ok.